Our Safety Commitment:
Runnebohm Construction Company has a proven Health and Safety program which is built around a comprehensive written Safety & Health Policy. This Manual includes a random drug testing program and guidelines set forth by OSHA’s Safety and Health Standards; our policy is strictly enforced for all employees and sub-contractors.
New employees are introduced to our policy manual during a mandatory a 6 hour Safety Training Program before they’re assigned to any fieldwork. Additionally, once an employee has attained 2 years of service; all Runnebohm Construction Company must complete 1st Aid/CPR training conducted by a certified American Red Cross instructor.
Our Safety Committee is another key element of our program; its members consist of both field and key office personnel, who oversee all Safety & Training Programs for the company. Meetings are conducted monthly, at which time members have the opportunity to discuss their concerns and recommend changes designed to enhance the safety program. Tool Box Talks are conducted weekly by the Safety Director at which time the crew is also to voice any safety concerns they may have.
Safety audits are conducted weekly by both the Safety Director and Designated Site Safety Personnel (DSSP) who are assigned to every project. These inspections are documented with all deficiencies corrected once identified. Inspection results briefed by the Safety Director at a bi-weekly operations meeting to the Project Managers where recommendations are made to prevent future violations.
• Other notable safety program initiatives:
• Full time Safety and Training Director on staff
• 100% of field personnel are 10 hour OSHA trained
• Over 50% of field employees are 30 hour OSHA trained
• Pre-Inspection checklists are provided for all high risk tasks
• Craft Training is provided to increase knowledge and confidence in the field
• On-going leadership training for all current and potential leaders